Please note that this post may contain affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. For More Information feel free to see the affiliate disclaimer here
We’re always told the lineup of the skin care routine can’t be changed. We know that routine to be: cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize. Prepare to have your mind blown there is a new and improved way to wash your face.
But what if there is a more effective way?
Just tweaking your current routine can make a major change in the texture of your skin.
Even more exciting… if Beyonce and Kim K are doing this, Why aren’t we?
The New and Improved Way To Wash Your Face
We currently follow the cleanse, exfoliate, and then moisturize. If this works for you then I wouldn’t mess with it. Follow the good ole if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
I’ve always wondered if the steps above are the most effective way. I was reading an article and I read exfoliation, cleanse, then moisturize!
Mind blown! I had that duh moment! It all clicked!
I’ve been holding out on my skin.
Why this Improved Method Makes Sense
It’s said that skin exfoliation should happen before you cleanse and here’s why.
Skin care guru Dr. Harold Lancer mentioned this simple tweak in the traditional order of skincare will deliver a deeper cleanse, allow your skin to receive more active ingredients, lastly giving your skin the chance to boost cell removal.
Okay, makes sense, right?
How To Incorporate The Improved Way to Washing Your Face
- For the makeup wearers out there you should remove your makeup prior to exfoliating.
- Pick an exfoliant that is not harsh on your skin not all exfoliates are the same.
- This is a great time to focus on dead skin patches you feel on your face and your pore areas.
- Exfoliate at whichever time you prefer, some like to exfoliate at night others in the morning. I have oily skin and I exfoliate lightly both am and pm.
- Now that you have removed your makeup and exfoliated your skin it’s time to cleanse. Depending on your skin and personal preference you’ll want to pick a cleanser for your needs.
- Remember exfoliating your skin prior to cleaning, your skin may be a tad bit more sensitive than normal.
- Now is a great time to try that brightening face wash to see if you get a difference in your skin.
- If you have oily skin You’ll want a water based moisturizer or a gel moisturizer. Also, look for a non-comedogenic facial moisturizer that won’t clog pores. If you want to try something new, these products have drastically improved my skin. You can find the post here.
- If you have dry skin you’ll want a cream use a product with hyaluronic acid which helps keep skin hydrated. Also apply your moisturizer while your skin is still damp to help lock in moisture.
- If you have sensitive skin you’ll want to find a moisturizer that is unscented and hypoallergenic. Keep in mind, the less ingredients the better for your skin.
Final Tips and Tricks For The New Improved way to wash your face
So what do you think? Since it’s an easy tweak it can be worth a try. I’ve tried it 3 nights in a row and I have seen an improvement in the brightness of my skin. I’m hoping there will be more to come, let me know what you think and if you’re going to give it a go.
If you’re at a loss all together on what products to use, you may find this post interesting. This post goes into depth on HelloAva which is skincare picked for your personal skin’s needs.
Not sure if you want to switch up your skincare routine? Insider will give you 9 ways your skin is begging you for a change. I found this to be a inspiring article.
Some of them I’m guilty of and to be honest I didn’t pay attention to these signs and I pretty much destroyed my skin!