Please note that this post may contain affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. For More Information feel free to see the affiliate disclaimer here
FENTY Skin Has Officially Launched… YIPPPPIE
FENTY Skin has officially launched its anticipated inclusive skincare line! I don’t know about you, but for me, this is a happy day! Who else has been a FENTY fan for a while now!
I cannot tell you how many tubes of the Pro Matte Concealer I have gone through to cover up my nightly hidden secrets of staying up watching Disney movies or Investigation discovery shows!
The Pro-Matte Filter foundation was the first foundation that fit my olive undertone!
So when the announcement rolled out about FENTY skin, I already had my card ready to swipe!
If you haven’t yet signed up for the newsletter, there still is time to do so!
Now that FENTY Skin Has Officially Launched, lets see what Rihanna is bringing to the table, can this be your next favorite Skincare line?
What Is FENTY Skincare?
Now that the news is out about the new FENTY Beauty Skincare line, everyone is hopping on the website to take a peak. I know when I went to log on this am, I had to wait to be let in, the site was busy!
Can this be a promising sign?
Rihanna’s new unisex skincare line is 100-percent cruelty-free, loaded with gentle, effective ingredients, and the best part is…
All Products cost $35 or less, something I can appreciate because we’re out here tryin to function.
All products will be available to shop exclusively at FentySkin.com, starting the 31st! Unless you subscribe to the FENTY newsletter, you’ll get early access to the FENTY Skin products on Wednesday, July 29 ahem, TODAY!
Best believe I was up past 11 ordering my FENTY Skin Products I can barely sit still thinking about it!
What Are The Fenty Skin Start’ ers?
Trying new products can be a little scary, actually pretty nerve-racking if you have a solid routine that keeps breakout at bay.
Rihanna shared on her Instagram that FENTY has created an easy three-step skincare routine with the 2-1 multitasking products! FENTY Skin is Rihanna vision of the new culture for skincare. Making them easy to use, that deliver results, and something everyone can apply!
The clean and Vegan products are claiming to brighten your skin, snatch up them pores, and target dark spots.
Not only are they Clinically tested, but these new beauties are also earth-conscious.
Being that they followed the Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle approach, FENTY skin has stepped up and eliminating excess packaging wherever possible!
I feel like most companies are trying to take this approach. Not only is This is suitable for our environment, but reusing you will save money on your next reorder.
Now lets talk about the highly anticipated line that FENTY Skin Has Officially Launched.
Total Cleans’r Remove-It- All Cleanser $28
How many of you hate using makeup wipes to remove your makeup? I’m raising my hand over here; I always had a bad relationship with makeup wipes; they always left my skin feeling like a jellyfish were zapping me.
If you have the same problem or want to cut an extra step out from your skincare routine, the Total Cleans’r can be the answer to your questions!
With the benefits of not stripping the skin or over-drying, you can remove and cleanse your skin in one step.
Note, if you don’t like your skincare to have a scent, this may not be for you, as it states this product smells like Cherry and Coconuts something to keep in mind.
The Total Cleans’r is made with four ingredients that stand out.
- Barbados Cherry- Did you know that these cherries are packed with more vitamin C than an orange? Perfect for brightening your skin!
- Ginkgo Berry- Used to help control oil and purify your skin! Derived from a tree commonly used in ancient Chinese healing techniques, you can’t go wrong if you have oily skin using this!
- Green Tea- Not only does Green Tea give you a caffeine boost, but you can also use it in your skincare to help defend against environmental stressors! Green Tea is also high in antioxidants, so if you have a hard time drinking green Tea, this could be your skin’s new lifeline!
- Fig- Another fruit that is high in antioxidants to help your skin!
- Quince- I had to look this up, I have never heard of this! Rihana mentions thinking apple meets pear when trying to picture this fruit! Quince is loaded with minerals that will help to condition your skin.
Fat Water Pore- Refining Toner Serum $28
Another two in one product that will target your pores, improve the look of dark spots, and helping to fight shine all day!
I’m in, and this was the product that caught my attention the most! 94% of users agree that it leaves the skin feeling fresh, and saw improvements in their skin in over one week, who wouldn’t be thrilled to try this!
I haven’t fallen in love with toner as of yet, I feel like toners make my already oily skin even more oily, so I tend to skip it.
Fat Water is different in that this is a 2-in-1 toner serum combo! I have only used one other product like this, and I have to say my skin is instantly smoother, and my pores look like I got my shit in line!
To apply, all you have to do is pour into your hand and tap into the skin, no need for the cotton pad anymore.
The ingredients In Fat Water
- Niacinamide- My skins new best friend and for a good reason! Niacinamide reduces the look of dark spots and helps to fight excess shine, which is why it has been taking over in the skincare game.
- Barbados Cherry- Remember more Vitamin C than an orange to boost your skin’s youthful glow.
- Australian Lemon Myrtle & Witch Hazel Water- I used witch hazel water before and wasn’t impressed. Maybe with the mixture of the Australian Lemon Myrtle, this will help to reduce oil and refine pores. (sounds like something from a harry potter book)
- Japanese Rasin Tree- Did you know the Japanese Rasin tree has been used for over 1000 years as a recovery treatment after long nights of partying? Which is perfect for detoxifying the skin so you can always look your best!
- Cactus Flower- To help hydrate your skin
- Green Tea & Fig- Like the cleanser, this is great for helping to protect your skin from environmental stressors!
Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen $35
Let’s talk about the Hydra Visor a bit because there are some key components when looking at this sunscreen.
The Hyrda Vizor is advertised as a “light-as-air” hydration with invisible sun protection.
Again, we have another 2-in-1 product that will act as your moisturizer and sunscreen that is lightweight and oil-free.
If you haven’t read my post about the importance of what is in your sunscreen, you can find it here.
FENTY Skin highlights that this sunscreen is light as air, pairs well with makeup, and is invisible on ALL skin tones!
With sunscreen, you have two types, chemical, and mineral.
Chemical sinks into the skin and protects from beneath the surface, while mineral skin sits on top of the skin.
I like to say any sunscreen you wear is the best kind because we tend to leave sunscreen out of our daily routines for reasons like not sitting well under makeup or producing a flashback in pictures!
Hydra Vizor has the following vital ingredients.
- Kalahari Melon- Rich in antioxidants and vitamins, this melon is perfect for boosting your skin’s hydration.
- Niacinamide- You will find Niacinamide in Fat Water (the toner serum duo), and this will help cut down shine and leave your skin super soft! Not going to lie, I was curious about this in sunscreen because I’m not too fond of the greasy feeling of sunscreen altogether.
- Hyaluronic Acid & Aloe- More great ingredients to help boost your skin hydration while providing soothing to your skin.
- Baobab- A nutrient-rich superfruit that helps to hydrate your skin as well.
Another critical factor with Hydra Vizor is that it does not contain Oxybenzone or Octinoxate.
If you think what the hell is that, here is the rundown.
Oxybenzone is known to have the following side effects on the skin and can cause things like:
- A Skin Rash
- Dermatitis (Skin Rash That Occurs From Contact With An Offending Substance.)
- Inflammation Of A Hair Follicle.
- Skin Irritation
Otinoxate is another harmful chemical you want to look out for.
However, Octinoxate does what it’s intended to do (Prevents burns); it’s dangerous not only for your skin but also for the coral reefs.
If you’re interested in reading more, I have found this post very helpful with understanding the risk of Octinoxate.
Last Thoughts On FENTY Skin Has Officially Launched
Rihanna has officially shook the skincare world with her vision for a simple 3 step skincare routine! There are a few things to note when it comes to FENTY Skin, and I love that this is an all-inclusive brand.
She has covered all of the basic skincare routine necessities with only 3 products! When you look at the ingredients in FENTY skin, it shows a lot of thought put into these products. I mean, how many of you knew about The Japanese Rasin Tree helping to detoxify your skin?
Now on to some of the things to take note of with these products. There is a scent to these products; you can find what the smell is under each product.
While scented products may not be a problem for some, it can cause skin irritation in those with sensitive skin.
Moving on to the sunscreen, after knowing that difference between mineral and chemical sunscreen, it can be tricky when it comes to the reaction this sunscreen will have on your skin.
Time will tell, I can’t wait to receive my products and share them with you guys! Also, I wanted to mention; if you purchase all three of the products together, you will get a discount and get free 2-day shipping!
Now that FENTY Skin Has Officially Launched what are you most anxious to try?